1. Don’t write cute or inscrutable headlines: they don’t compute in digitalia.
2. Figure out to whom you are speaking: this is your base: nurture it.
3. Don’t post more than 250 words at a time (unless, like me, you can’t resist burbling on about anything that comes into your head.)
4. Post regularly or your constituency will abandon you. Don’t despair if nobody comments on your blog. I’ve noticed hardly anyone comments on mine but I try to maintain a state a delirious happiness nevertheless.
5. Ignore all the rules about blogging. Blogging should not be a chore: make up your own rules. You don’t have to worry about making money when blogging because there won’t be any.
Have a nice day (as they say at the bank.)